As seasonal journeyers you can use this festival to connect with the retreating, inward turning energy of Autumn, focusing down into our roots, into the dark unconscious part of ourself that holds our foundations steady and quietly nourishes us.
This is also a time to remember, give thanks for, and connect with our spiritual roots, our ancestors, our blood and spiritual lineage. I love the quote by Sir Isaac Newton
'If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants'
This would be a powerful time to use the Autumn Metal energy to release what we no longer need into the growing seasonal darkness while at the same time planting a seed of something we would like to start growing the energy for.
This could be done in a simple inner visualisation like this...
- Light a candle and sit quietly drawing your energy deep within
- Connect with something you would like to release
- Withdraw your energy from it and in your minds eye watch it shrink as you thank, bless, and finally release it
- Now find a seed of an idea you would like to 'slow cook' over the dark part of the year, visualise an actual seed to represent your idea or dream.
- In your minds eye find a fertile patch of soil and bury it deep into the darkness trusting that it will have everything it needs to 'incubate' and grow when the time is right
- Slowly bring your energy back to the present and blow out the candle
Have a magical Samhain journeyers, love Carol and Sarah-Jayne xx